Sunday, August 29, 2010

One month down

So I'm almost one month into my Marathon training regime and I'm 32km's done for the month but somewhere well over a 100 beers, that might just be the last two weeks. Can't quite remember exactly how many beers precisely (funny how I can remember every kilometer run) but last week was pretty intense with 2 of my firms Directors in town and the previous week in the US. I know the month is not yet over but since I'm flying to Hong Kong on Tuesday I don't think there is much chance of me getting another run in before the month is out.


However, I did get out for a run this evening, which, despite the heat, wasn't too bad although the pace was a bit slow. Unlike last Monday when I got a quick 6km run in, at least that is what I was hoping for. It just happened to be one of the hardest runs I've ever been for. a stitch after the first 0.5km that never went away, a headache from the heat and jet lag from my flight back. For the rest of last week, Tuesday through Saturday, I found myself down the pub either with friends, clients or most often both. Doing this marathon might just need a lot of effort and is going to be damn hard! 


So with next week in Hong Kong that'll be another week lost where the ratio of beers done to kilometers run will tip ever more in the favour of beers done. It may be fun now but some serious training is going to have to start and soon. I'm hoping the following week the weather will cool, the humidity will drop and I'll have less work commitments in the evening (a.k.a. pub visits) so I can get out running and increase both my distance and pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment