Sunday, August 8, 2010

Beers Done v Kilometers Run

So today I got round to my first training run since submitting my application for the Marathon. With the heat at 30 celcius +, and humidity around 80%, it didn't make for very pleasant running conditions. Anyway 6.5km's done at a rather sedate pace of 41 minutes. You can see the trace of the run here courtesy of my Nike+ and Nike Sportband:


http://go.nike.com/0q8pbnc


It was whilst I was out on the run and thinking as you do that I was wondering if I were to keep record of the amount of beers I drink against the kilometers run in training for Tokyo Marathon 2011 which would be greater? So starting from the beginning of this month, when I submitted the application, and being conservative with the beers, I think it would be something like:


Beers Done = 35 / Kilometers Run = 6


Since half beers don't count, they just never have done and never will, then half kilometers don't count either. It will be interesting to see how this ratio of "Beers Done to Kilometers Run" progresses over time. I'll try to keep mental note and update from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. 35 beers? Damn that's heavy going seeing as we're only 1 week into the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't include the 10 or so shots done in Mogambo's and Geronimo's on Thursday and Friday night!

    ReplyDelete