Thursday, August 12, 2010

199 Days To Go...

So there are 199 days left to go until the Marathon start day. I've now "officially" started training but I won't know if I get a place in the Marathon until mid-October. All I do know is that the Marathon is already over subscribed, so it will be down to a lottery. Fingers crossed, but I've also heard that Johnny Foreigner has a better chance of getting in as the Mayor of Tokyo wants to make Tokyo look a more international city.


So back to the training. Sunday and Tuesday nights were out for short 6.5km runs. In this heat and humidity, and being out of shape like me, that is enough to get started on for sure. Monday night was squash so the week was looking good in terms of fitness regime. Hang on though, the old "Beers Done to Kilmoters Run" ratio was beginning to look like not enough "Beers Done". To redress this balance I decided to have a large one on the tiles last night (Wednesday) taking advantage of a colleagues leaving do for an excuse. I think I must have notched up 10 to 15 beers after running in to some wild clients later on in the evening. This of course leaves me far too tired on a Thursday night to even contemplate training.


Next week sees me depart these shores for a business trip to the USA for 1 week. Good intentions are there and I will be packing my running gear but I'm sure the temptation of all that American style steak houses, pizza parlours and burger joints will not bode well when looked at in contrast of spending the evening in the hotel gymnasium, not to mention the bars and clubs! My only hope is for jet lag to kick me out of bed early enough in the morning to get a training run in. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment