Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Nike+ Sports-watch Coming

So Nike have just announced they are releasing a new Sports Watch. It looks like it will be a good candidate to replace my Nike+ Sport Band. Nike have teamed up with Tom Tom to develop this watch which combines all the features of the Sport Band plus Tom Tom GPS for more accurate run data. Of course all your runs can be uploaded to the Nike+ web community meaning you keep on target with your goals, challenges and run targets. This watch really appeals to me as recently I have been looking at Garmin GPS running watches but with these I wouldn't be able to upload my runs to the Nike+ web community. The Nike+ web community acts as a really good motivator to get you out running as all your friends can see exactly what you have, or in my case, what I haven't, been up to, something I was keen not to lose as I need all the motivation I can get. I only hope that it will be available in Japan as I know Tom Tom doesn't currently offer any products in Japan so it may be that they won't release it here. Fingers crossed they do. It is due out for release on April 1st and you can find more details and pre-order through the Nike store here.

A quick update on my running progress this week. I've been out for 8k+ runs Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week and decided to have a rest day today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday) due to the company party I mentioned in my previous blog post. Still hoping to get out on a 15 to 20k run on Saturday morning though. 


Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment