Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Barefoot Running

So barefoot running seems to be all the rage right now (perhaps Zola Budd wasn't crazy after all) and I've been looking into these amazing 5 toes shoes that are supposed to re-create the effect and feeling of barefoot running without actually having to pluck the courage up and pound the tarmac in bare-feet.

You can find these shoes at the website below, as well as many others that I actually quite like the look of.


Vibram Five Fingers


My favourite is the Bikila version, although I quite fancy a pair of the after training / travel shoes. They'd be great on an aircraft. If anyone has tried these shoes or uses them regularly I'd be keen to hear your feedback on them. Please comment below.


On the running front. Things are going well. Since acceptance in to the Marathon on Wednesday last week I've been out a number of times and have clocked up 42k's in 6 days. That's a marathon distance! I just need to squeeze that all into a single 5 hour time period now. 


On the beers done front, I've been quite good there too by not being out mid-week at all in the last two weeks and only having beers on Friday and Saturday. This weekend I'm hoping to put a bigger run in as well. Perhaps stretch out to a 15 or 20k run and see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment