Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I've been accepted!

So over lunch today I checked my e-mail and to my surprise, thinking that I'd missed out on the Tokyo Marathon for 2011 I received the below e-mail:


"Dear Mr. James Hardcastle
ID No : 00976-000

We would like to announce that an additional selection has been done in mid-November to choose extra qualifiers for Tokyo Marathon 2011.

Congratulations! You have been selected as a runner for Tokyo Marathon 2011."

So that is it. It's all back on! After having slacked off on the training thinking I wasn't going to get a place I'm now going to have to turn up the intensity to full volume. With only 95 days left to go it doesn't leave a lot of time to prepare. With that in mind I headed out for a quick run this evening. I wheezed, puffed and hauled myself around a new 8k course. It was my first run in 10 days, my first run from my new house and my first run with a winter jacket on.  A lot of firsts but I better get used to it.

Now, where was I with the kilometers run to beers done ratio.......

2 comments:

  1. Jealous ...

    I know someone else who also got in via the extra qualifiers.

    I however did not :-(.

    Good luck and enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always try the Zushi half marathon which runs 1 week after the Tokyo Marathon. Entry deadline is 10th Dec. Not quite the same I know but I was going to sign up to that if I didn't get my place in the Tokyo Marathon.

    ReplyDelete