Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just not enough hours in the day...

... or days in the week, or weeks in the month. So tonight was the first time for me to get out for a run in 14 days. Just not enough training getting in. Excuses are: traveling and drinking. Last week I was out most nights with clients and those nights I wasn't out I was too hung over and tired to go running after a full days work. The week before was a short work week for me, 2 days to be precise and the rest of it was spent traveling in the northern parts of Japan sans running gear.


So I've got 145 days to go until the marathon. There is still time to get the training in but I have to start in earnest soon. Tonight was a good start and a little over 8k's done in 50 minutes. The weather is much more pleasant now than it was in August and September. Humidity and temperatures are both down with this evening being a very balmy 22c. So you think this week would be ideal to get some solid kilometers under my belt. Well unfortunately not. Tomorrow I have a major trade show to attend which includes, wait for it, a cocktail party on conclusion. So yet more beers. Well what about Thursday night I hear you cry. Don't go crazy Wednesday and get some good sleep so you can get out for a run Wednesday. Well I'm afraid that doesn't work either you see as I have a client in town from Singapore and have arranged a few sly beers with him after work Thursday evening. Harumph! Saturday I'm out traveling once again with a flight to Kumamoto to meet with some soon to be relatives, returning Tuesday afternoon. So next week I'm really hoping to start my training regime in all honesty.


Did I mention somewhere that there just wasn't enough time to fit everything in including the training...

2 comments: