Saturday, October 16, 2010

Application REJECTED

"Tokyo Marathon 2011 - Notification of selection

Thank you very much for your entry.
We regret to advise you that you have not been selected to run this year. 
We look forward for your application to Tokyo Marathon again in the future.

Kind regards,

Tokyo Marathon 2011 Registration Desk"

The above was the e-mail I got back from the Tokyo Marathon Registration Desk. Not much more I can do I guess. So I won't be running the 2011 Tokyo Marathon and I imagine there will also be a lot more like me. Perhaps those that didn't get selected could form an alternate marathon? There would certainly be a lot more of us. Or perhaps we could all go find a pub somewhere and watch it on the TV instead.

Anyway re-think is now on. Do I wait to apply for the 2012 Tokyo Marathon and consider myself lucky I'm not running in 2011, or do I find another marathon somewhere to run next year? There are a number of marathons in Japan I could enter. Any suggestions welcome.

I now also need to work out what to do with my blog. Do I continue it or since I'm no longer running, end it? 

Here endeth thy blog...

4 comments:

  1. The Asahi just mentioned on Twitter that another 1,000 people will be allowed to run due to huge demand, then there's the November Lottery for places not confirmed by those who were granted places in the October.

    Not sure what the criteria will be for the additonal 1,000 places...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, sorry for the bad news. Just a positive input. My entry for the last year Marathon was also rejected (I registered for the 10k only) and I do not know how or why, I got a second chance in November (probably due to people not paying their fees or any other reason).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for the magical extra 1000 spaces and the November second chance.

    I noticed that the organizers of it all, JTB, seem to run tour packages if you are coming from foreign countries, that include guaranteed entry.

    I have tried to look for the same within Japan but my Japanese isn't good enough to see if it even exists.

    ReplyDelete